Our Community Grant Cycle will be open from May 3rd – June 14th.
Past Grant Support
Donations to the Foundation’s Unrestricted Grant Funds have provided support for the following Community Support Grants:
2020 Grant Awards
- MSD of Shakamak – $28,885 for a Graphic Design and Layout II classroom equipment and software
- Greene County Ambulance Service – $20,250 for equipment
- Pregnancy Choices – $15,500 for building remodeling
- Shawnee Theatre – $10,000 for parking lot revitalization and restroom repairs.
- Eastern Greene Elementary – $4,923 to support the framework for their Social Emotional Learning
- Pace Community Action Agency - $2,500 for their Healthy Body/Healthy Mind Program
2019 Grant Awards
- Bloomfield-Eastern Greene County Public Library – $2,000 for Bloomfield library signage update
- Clayton Family Cemetery Inc. – $1,000 for cemetery fence repairs
- DirectEmployers Institute – $7,400 for Workforce Simulation Project at Linton-Stockton High School
- Greene County Cemetery Commission – $2,100 for cemetery maintenance equipment
- Greene County Health – $8,680 for diabetes management equipment and training
- Open Arms Family & Educational Services – $6,700 for renovations to Hebron Home for Boys
- Pace Community Action Agency – $2,500 for Healthy Mind/Healthy Body programming at Head Start
- Phil Harris Golf Course – $6,000 for course maintenance equipment
- Scotland Historical Society – $12,790 for Scotland Hotel restoration
- Sculpture Trails Outdoor Museum – $4,500 for public access improvements
- Shakamak High School – $17,927 for equipment and software for Graphic Design and Layout courses
- White River Valley High School – $25,000 for CNC machine for Precision Machining program
2018 Grant Awards
- A. M. Risher Memorial Swimming Pool – $10,791 for pool equipment renovations
- Bloomfield Elementary School – $14,000 for the completion of a new handicapped-accessible playground
- Bloomfield Schools NJROTC – $2,000 for attendance costs to participate in the commissioning of the USS Indiana
- Bloomfield Schools SeaPerch Team – $3,000 for travel and competition costs to International SeaPerch Competition in Massachusetts
- Eastern Greene Schools – $1,771 for Uke Can Play ukulele class program
- Jasonville Fire Department – $14,949 for new storm siren
- Leap Ahead Center for Children and Families – $1,500 for Empowering Families parent education program
- Linton Band Boosters – $11,000 for replacement of bandstand roof and needed supplies for the Linton Band program
- Old Clifty Memorial Association – $3,500 for preservation of Old Clifty Church
- Open Arms – $8,029 for renovations of Turning Point Education Center building
- Pace Community Action Agency – $2,000 for SuperMENtors reading and music therapy program
- Pregnancy Choices – $6,000 for expansion of sexually transmitted disease testing
- Scotland Historical Society – $1,750 for restoration of Scotland Hotel
- Shawnee Theatre – $7,500 for replacement of theatre seats
- United Way of Monroe County – $2,500 for Eastern Greene Schools’ Real Men Read program
2017 Grant Awards
- Greene County General Hospital Foundation – $7,500 for the establishment of a permanent endowment fund to support the long-term operations of the Greene County General Hospital Foundation
- Generations – $1,000 in support of their A Matter Of Balance fall-prevention programming for senior citizens
- Pace Community Action Agency – $900 to provide books for their SuperMENtors Accelerated reading program
- Bloomfield First Baptist Church / Bright Beginnings Daycare – $4,665 in support of updates to the daycare playground
- Linton and Bloomfield Farmers’ Markets – $1,000 in support of the Greene County Market Bucks assistance program
- Linton Civitan – $6,000 in support of the renovation of the WPA building in Linton for community events
- Old Clifty Memorial Association – $7,000 in support of renovations to the Old Clifty Church
- Son Ministries, Inc. – $6,800 in support of a new storage building needed for their Summer Food Service Program
- White River Valley Schools – $20,100 in support of the Manufacturing Skills For Success vocational education & training program
- Shawnee Theatre – $5,000 in support of the Theatre’s 2017 Summer Season
2016 Grant Awards
- Greene County Soccer Association – $8,500 for replacement and upgrades to their storage and concession building.
- Linton Swimming Pool – $5,000 for a water feature in the toddler pool. This grant will help make the toddler pool more attractive to families with young children.
- Open Arms Christian Ministries – $10,000 as a match to begin building an endowment fund for their long-term future.
- PACE Community Action Agency – $2,500 for their SuperMENtor program that gives young children a head start on learning by providing books and male role models during their preschool program.
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce – $12,500 for startup of the CEO (Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities) Program, which will build small businesses and professional business skills in interested high school students throughout Greene County.
- DirectEmployers Institute – $15,200 for continuation and expansion of a program that has local students partnering with Crane employees to complete actual Crane-based engineering projects.
- Eastern Greene Youth Leadership Academy – $750 to support the student group’s project of establishing a Resource Room at Eastern Greene Middle School for the benefit of disadvantaged students.
- Shawnee Theatre – $10,000 to sponsor the Theatre’s 2016 summer season.
- Greene ’16 Bicentennial Committee – $20,000 to support the Bringing Elementary Students Together (BEST) Bicentennial Mural Project, on display at the Greene County Community Event Center.
- Greene County General Hospital – $1,500 to subsidize the cost of the hospital’s new 3D Mammogram program, expanding its availability to Greene County women.
Grant Awards From Previous Years
HEALTH, WELLNESS, SAFETY, AND FITNESS
- American Red Cross – support for their Emergency Assistance Program
- Linton Swimming Pool – funding support for a Lift Chair to keep the pool ADA compliant and open to the public, allowing access to the pool for all; funding for the installation of new liners, lights, and other necessary features
- Long Fish Dash – funding three different years in support of the continually growing Shakamak area 5K run
- Stingray Swim Club – support for new starting blocks and lane lines to replace the current 20-year-old ones
- Crock Pot Cooking – support for the Jasonville Food pantry to provide crock pots, cook books and classes on how to prepare more nutritious meals with commodities available from the food pantry
- Linton Youth League – support for the excavation and building of baseball fields in Linton
- Greene County Drug Task Force – improvements for the development and safety of the FOP gun range to help local law enforcement practice and provide gun safety classes to hunters and youth
- Son Ministries Food Pantry – providing a freezer to help the food pantry receive and save larger quantities of commodities that can be distributed over a longer period of time; this food pantry is a collaboration of 7 churches in the Linton area
- Worthington Park – funding for the replacement, purchase and installation of a new slide in the playground area of the park
- Eastern FFA club – support for a greenhouse to help the club grow and sell local produce and flowers in support of club activities and science projects
- Open Arms Christian Homes – support for new roofs on the residential homes for children in foster care as a haven from abuse or neglect
- Greene Academy – support for the building of ramps for Habitat houses, using students from the academy; a service learning project
- Alternative School (Open Arms) – support for building renovations and new equipment
- Carnegie Heritage and Arts Center – help with funding to building a handicapped accessible ramp and push-button door to allow elderly and disabled access to art classes in the building; ADA compliant
- Linton Music Festival – support for the August music Festival that brings large crowds to the Linton Area.
- Sculpture Trails – three yearly grants to support workshops and events at the Sculpture Trails Outdoor Museum in Solsberry
- Shawnee Theatre – grants in four different years to support the operations and children’s programming at the theater
- Bloomfield Library – support for a community-created mural housed on the front lawn of the library Worthington City Park – funding for summer concerts in the park
- Greene County Literacy Coalition – two grants for funding of updated GED materials and equipment to help those who are unable to read; funding for 16 free little libraries, one for each township of the county
- Friends of Goose Pond – support for the Marsh Madness Festival
- PACE/Head Start – purchase of children’s books for Head Start programs in Eastern and Linton; male volunteers will read to the children and children will receive their own copy of the book
- Greene County 4-H – funding for the construction of a new building
- Jasonville Public Library – building of a new home for the library
- Jasonville Parks Department – funding for a splash pad in the Jasonville Park
- Town of Lyons– support for the construction of the Lyons Community Center
- Worthington Public Library – funding for the renovation and expansion of the library
- Greene County Soil and Water – building of an observation deck at the Tulip Trestle to encourage tourism
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce – support for a study from Ball State to “reimagine and redesign the Bloomfield downtown area”
- Worthington Garden Club – support for turning a vacant lot into a downtown park
- Worthington Senior Center – support for upgrades to the center, new doors
- Lyons Senior Center – support for upgrades to the center, new cabinets
- Greene County Learning Center – funding for the expansion of operations and purchase of new equipment
- Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry – two grants to help with processing of donated deer meat from hunters that is then given to local food pantries
- Middle Way House – funding over three years to help support activities of the organization that serves and provides safety and counseling to individuals and children facing situations of domestic violence.
- Salvation Army – support for their operations that help provide clothing and housing for victims of fire, foreclosure, and loss of homes
- Family Life Center – support for repairs on their Backpack Bus to deliver school supplies around the county
- Ride Solutions – support for the purchase of a new van that provides transportation for elderly, disabled, and low-income individuals in need of transport to doctors, groceries, etc.
- 211 Emergency call in – support for continuation of the 211 county-wide call system for referrals to resources for those in need
- Civitan Clothe-a-Child – support for the annual Christmas Toy give-away for low-income children
- Jasonville Fire Department – funding for new storm sirens
- Saving the Monarchs – support for two 11-year-old students to start a club at their school and plant butterfly gardens to help save the diminishing population of Monarch butterflies