Our Community Grant Cycle is currently closed, but will open in the Spring of 2021. Please check back for more information.
Past Grant Support
Donations to the Foundation’s Unrestricted Grant Funds have provided support for the following Community Support Grants:
2020 Grant Awards
- MSD of Shakamak – $28,885 for a Graphic Design and Layout II classroom equipment and software
- Greene County Ambulance Service – $20,250 for equipment
- Pregnancy Choices – $15,500 for building remodeling
- Shawnee Theatre – $10,000 for parking lot revitalization and restroom repairs.
- Eastern Greene Elementary – $4,923 to support the framework for their Social Emotional Learning
- Pace Community Action Agency - $2,500 for their Healthy Body/Healthy Mind Program
2019 Grant Awards
- Bloomfield-Eastern Greene County Public Library – $2,000 for Bloomfield library signage update
- Clayton Family Cemetery Inc. – $1,000 for cemetery fence repairs
- DirectEmployers Institute – $7,400 for Workforce Simulation Project at Linton-Stockton High School
- Greene County Cemetery Commission – $2,100 for cemetery maintenance equipment
- Greene County Health – $8,680 for diabetes management equipment and training
- Open Arms Family & Educational Services – $6,700 for renovations to Hebron Home for Boys
- Pace Community Action Agency – $2,500 for Healthy Mind/Healthy Body programming at Head Start
- Phil Harris Golf Course – $6,000 for course maintenance equipment
- Scotland Historical Society – $12,790 for Scotland Hotel restoration
- Sculpture Trails Outdoor Museum – $4,500 for public access improvements
- Shakamak High School – $17,927 for equipment and software for Graphic Design and Layout courses
- White River Valley High School – $25,000 for CNC machine for Precision Machining program
2018 Grant Awards
- A. M. Risher Memorial Swimming Pool – $10,791 for pool equipment renovations
- Bloomfield Elementary School – $14,000 for the completion of a new handicapped-accessible playground
- Bloomfield Schools NJROTC – $2,000 for attendance costs to participate in the commissioning of the USS Indiana
- Bloomfield Schools SeaPerch Team – $3,000 for travel and competition costs to International SeaPerch Competition in Massachusetts
- Eastern Greene Schools – $1,771 for Uke Can Play ukulele class program
- Jasonville Fire Department – $14,949 for new storm siren
- Leap Ahead Center for Children and Families – $1,500 for Empowering Families parent education program
- Linton Band Boosters – $11,000 for replacement of bandstand roof and needed supplies for the Linton Band program
- Old Clifty Memorial Association – $3,500 for preservation of Old Clifty Church
- Open Arms – $8,029 for renovations of Turning Point Education Center building
- Pace Community Action Agency – $2,000 for SuperMENtors reading and music therapy program
- Pregnancy Choices – $6,000 for expansion of sexually transmitted disease testing
- Scotland Historical Society – $1,750 for restoration of Scotland Hotel
- Shawnee Theatre – $7,500 for replacement of theatre seats
- United Way of Monroe County – $2,500 for Eastern Greene Schools’ Real Men Read program
2017 Grant Awards
- Greene County General Hospital Foundation – $7,500 for the establishment of a permanent endowment fund to support the long-term operations of the Greene County General Hospital Foundation
- Generations – $1,000 in support of their A Matter Of Balance fall-prevention programming for senior citizens
- Pace Community Action Agency – $900 to provide books for their SuperMENtors Accelerated reading program
- Bloomfield First Baptist Church / Bright Beginnings Daycare – $4,665 in support of updates to the daycare playground
- Linton and Bloomfield Farmers’ Markets – $1,000 in support of the Greene County Market Bucks assistance program
- Linton Civitan – $6,000 in support of the renovation of the WPA building in Linton for community events
- Old Clifty Memorial Association – $7,000 in support of renovations to the Old Clifty Church
- Son Ministries, Inc. – $6,800 in support of a new storage building needed for their Summer Food Service Program
- White River Valley Schools – $20,100 in support of the Manufacturing Skills For Success vocational education & training program
- Shawnee Theatre – $5,000 in support of the Theatre’s 2017 Summer Season
2016 Grant Awards
- Greene County Soccer Association – $8,500 for replacement and upgrades to their storage and concession building.
- Linton Swimming Pool – $5,000 for a water feature in the toddler pool. This grant will help make the toddler pool more attractive to families with young children.
- Open Arms Christian Ministries – $10,000 as a match to begin building an endowment fund for their long-term future.
- PACE Community Action Agency – $2,500 for their SuperMENtor program that gives young children a head start on learning by providing books and male role models during their preschool program.
- Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce – $12,500 for startup of the CEO (Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities) Program, which will build small businesses and professional business skills in interested high school students throughout Greene County.
- DirectEmployers Institute – $15,200 for continuation and expansion of a program that has local students partnering with Crane employees to complete actual Crane-based engineering projects.
- Eastern Greene Youth Leadership Academy – $750 to support the student group’s project of establishing a Resource Room at Eastern Greene Middle School for the benefit of disadvantaged students.
- Shawnee Theatre – $10,000 to sponsor the Theatre’s 2016 summer season.
- Greene ’16 Bicentennial Committee – $20,000 to support the Bringing Elementary Students Together (BEST) Bicentennial Mural Project, on display at the Greene County Community Event Center.
- Greene County General Hospital – $1,500 to subsidize the cost of the hospital’s new 3D Mammogram program, expanding its availability to Greene County women.
Grant Awards From Previous Years
HEALTH, WELLNESS, SAFETY, AND FITNESS
- American Red Cross – support for their Emergency Assistance Program
- Linton Swimming Pool – funding support for a Lift Chair to keep the pool ADA compliant and open to the public, allowing access to the pool for all; funding for the installation of new liners, lights, and other necessary features
- Long Fish Dash – funding three different years in support of the continually growing Shakamak area 5K run
- Stingray Swim Club – support for new starting blocks and lane lines to replace the current 20-year-old ones
- Crock Pot Cooking – support for the Jasonville Food pantry to provide crock pots, cook books and classes on how to prepare more nutritious meals with commodities available from the food pantry
- Linton Youth League – support for the excavation and building of baseball fields in Linton
- Greene County Drug Task Force – improvements for the development and safety of the FOP gun range to help local law enforcement practice and provide gun safety classes to hunters and youth
- Son Ministries Food Pantry – providing a freezer to help the food pantry receive and save larger quantities of commodities that can be distributed over a longer period of time; this food pantry is a collaboration of 7 churches in the Linton area
- Worthington Park – funding for the replacement, purchase and installation of a new slide in the playground area of the park
- Eastern FFA club – support for a greenhouse to help the club grow and sell local produce and flowers in support of club activities and science projects
- Open Arms Christian Homes – support for new roofs on the residential homes for children in foster care as a haven from abuse or neglect
- Greene Academy – support for the building of ramps for Habitat houses, using students from the academy; a service learning project
- Alternative School (Open Arms) – support for building renovations and new equipment
- Carnegie Heritage and Arts Center – help with funding to building a handicapped accessible ramp and push-button door to allow elderly and disabled access to art classes in the building; ADA compliant
- Linton Music Festival – support for the August music Festival that brings large crowds to the Linton Area.
- Sculpture Trails – three yearly grants to support workshops and events at the Sculpture Trails Outdoor Museum in Solsberry
- Shawnee Theatre – grants in four different years to support the operations and children’s programming at the theater
- Bloomfield Library – support for a community-created mural housed on the front lawn of the library Worthington City Park – funding for summer concerts in the park
- Greene County Literacy Coalition – two grants for funding of updated GED materials and equipment to help those who are unable to read; funding for 16 free little libraries, one for each township of the county
- Friends of Goose Pond – support for the Marsh Madness Festival
- PACE/Head Start – purchase of children’s books for Head Start programs in Eastern and Linton; male volunteers will read to the children and children will receive their own copy of the book
- Greene County 4-H – funding for the construction of a new building
- Jasonville Public Library – building of a new home for the library
- Jasonville Parks Department – funding for a splash pad in the Jasonville Park
- Town of Lyons– support for the construction of the Lyons Community Center
- Worthington Public Library – funding for the renovation and expansion of the library
- Greene County Soil and Water – building of an observation deck at the Tulip Trestle to encourage tourism
- Bloomfield Chamber of Commerce – support for a study from Ball State to “reimagine and redesign the Bloomfield downtown area”
- Worthington Garden Club – support for turning a vacant lot into a downtown park
- Worthington Senior Center – support for upgrades to the center, new doors
- Lyons Senior Center – support for upgrades to the center, new cabinets
- Greene County Learning Center – funding for the expansion of operations and purchase of new equipment
- Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry – two grants to help with processing of donated deer meat from hunters that is then given to local food pantries
- Middle Way House – funding over three years to help support activities of the organization that serves and provides safety and counseling to individuals and children facing situations of domestic violence.
- Salvation Army – support for their operations that help provide clothing and housing for victims of fire, foreclosure, and loss of homes
- Family Life Center – support for repairs on their Backpack Bus to deliver school supplies around the county
- Ride Solutions – support for the purchase of a new van that provides transportation for elderly, disabled, and low-income individuals in need of transport to doctors, groceries, etc.
- 211 Emergency call in – support for continuation of the 211 county-wide call system for referrals to resources for those in need
- Civitan Clothe-a-Child – support for the annual Christmas Toy give-away for low-income children
- Jasonville Fire Department – funding for new storm sirens
- Saving the Monarchs – support for two 11-year-old students to start a club at their school and plant butterfly gardens to help save the diminishing population of Monarch butterflies