Founded as a public charity in 1997, the Greene County Foundation is a vital and sustainable organization that serves the Greene County community. A volunteer Board of Directors, whose makeup reflects the diversity of the communities it serves, governs the Foundation. The Foundation annually awards over a quarter million dollars in grants through fund payouts, competitive grants, and student scholarships and has made an impact in every school, town, city, and informal community in Greene County.
The mission of the Greene County Foundation is to inspire individuals to engage in strengthening Greene County now and for generations to come.
As a public charity, we accomplish our mission by:
- Building permanent charitable funds
- Connecting donors to organizations, programs and charitable causes of interest
- Making effective grants
- Providing leadership on community issues
Our Core Values
- Stewardship – We believe responsible stewardship builds an effective Foundation.
- Accountability – We believe it is our obligation to answer to our donors and our community in everything we do.
- Leadership – We believe that the Foundation guides the development of philanthropy in Greene County.
- Credibility – We believe that integrity is imperative in our conduct with other organizations, donors, and constituents, both within our community and elsewhere.
The Greene County Foundation positively impacts every community with improvements for individuals, families, and organizations that make our county a better place to live, work, and play.
What is a community foundation?
A community foundation is a way for all people to make a lasting difference in their community. The purpose of a community foundation is to serve the needs and philanthropic goals of donors who wish to improve their community, now and in the future. Community foundations do this by providing donors with flexible, efficient and tax-effective ways to ensure that their charity achieves the greatest possible impact. Read more…