Believing that all women are worthy, we strive to combine our gifts and talents to benefit the citizens of Greene County.
How Does the WOW Giving Circle Work?
• Each member of the Giving Circle makes an annual contribution of $120.
• Half of the contributions are awarded immediately, while the other builds an endowment to continue the Giving Circle.
• At the annual event, each member of WOW may suggest a charity to support, the member will give a short presentation on that charity’s behalf.
• All members will rank their choices, and grants will be recommended.
• That’s it, nothing to sell, and no clean-up committee! Simply “FUND” and Fellowship.
• As the membership grows, so too will the grant amounts, and the impact we can make, together.
Past WOW Grant Awards
- Open Arms: $750 for HEbron Home for Boys room
- Bless Bloomfield: $750 for food program support
- Erin's Purpose: $750 for general support
- Bloomfield Elementary School: $750 for playground equipment for elementary teachers
- Project Kindess: $500 for fleece blankets, bibs, walker bags, pillowcases, etc for local nursing homes, Open Arms, Riley Hospital, etc.
- Tri Kappa (Bloomfield): $500 for fleece blankets for Indiana Department of Child Services
- Open Arms: $50 for HEbron Home for Boys room
- Shawnee Theatre: $50 for fall/winter youth camp
- Greene County Health: $500 for scanner for medical records
- Eastern Greene Elementary School: $500 for lunch funds
- Bloomfield Girl Scout Troop #02607: $1,000 for activities
- Open Arms: $1,000 for foster parents training and development
- WRV Middle School: $1,000 for lunch funds and teacher supplies
- Open Arms: $500 for remodeling bedrooms at Miriam Home
- Greene County Health: $1,250 for crash carts at clinics
- Middle Way House: $1,250 for general operational support
- Shawnee Theatre: $1,500 for general operating support
- Greene County General Hospital: $1,500 for 3D Mammogram program
- God's Safe Haven: $1,000 for general operating support
- Greene County General Hospital: $1,000 for Baby Bundles program
- Bloomfield Tri-Kappa: $750 for general support
- Bloomfield Summer Lunch Program: $1,000 for past due accounts
- Jasonville Senior Center: $1,000 for movie projector and popcorn machine
- Community Building Renovation Project: $1,000 for the Greene County Community Event Center
Join WOW to learn about local charities and have input into the grants made. Contribute to WOW and multiply your giving.