The Community Support grant cycle is paid from the earnings of our Unrestricted funds. Many donors want to see their contributions go toward a variety of charitable causes which can vary from year to year. These donors have made the decision to allow the Board of Directors of the Greene County Foundation the freedom to determine where/how these earnings are to be spent. The Foundation has a grant committee that reviews all grant requests and makes the awards. Organizations are notified of the opening of the cycle through newspaper press releases, emails, and word of mouth. The Foundation currently holds 18 unrestricted funds. General contributions should be made to the Greene County Foundation Community Support Fund, unless specified to one of the other funds should the donor wish to do so. New unrestricted funds can be started at any time.
Our Community Support Funds are:
- Barkley Family Community Support Fund
- REMC Community Support Fund
- Bloomfield State Bank Community Support Fund
- Rick & Melonie Graves Legacy Fund
- Tom & Cynthia Roberts Legacy Fund
- Trampke Family Legacy Fund
- WOW – Women of Worth Fund
- JoEllen Kramer Legacy Fund
- Walter W. and Mary K Burcham Fund
- Smithville Charitiable Foundation Community Support Fund
- Helen Hunter Community Support Fund
- Greene County Foundation Community Support Fund
- Bill and Linda Haseman Fund
- The Hilderbrand Family Fund
- Sherman Anderson Memorial Fund
- Frank Miller Memorial Fund
- Milton and Mable Meek Fund
- Tom Jones Legacy Fund
Annually the Greene County Foundation provides over $400,000 in grants to area students and not for profit organizations.
See Grants Awarded for a full list.