2019 Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship
The 2019 Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship is now closed to applicants. Please check back in Spring 2019 for more scholarship opportunities. For more information on other scholarships to be offered by the Foundation, view our Scholarships for High School Seniors page.
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship program offers four-year, full-tuition scholarship to a Greene County student who intends to work toward a baccalaureate degree at any accredited public or private college or university in Indiana. The scholarship also provides $900 per year for required books and equipment.
Application will require the following information:
- Leadership in School Activities
- Volunteer Community Activities
- Employment/Work History
- Professional Resume
- Letters of Recommendation
- Two essays
- Academic Performance
- An Interview, if Selected as a Finalist
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship program is administered in Greene County by the Greene County Foundation in partnership with Independent Colleges of Indiana, Inc. (ICI). ICI is a nonprofit corporation that represents 30 regionally accredited degree granting, nonprofit, private colleges and universities in Indiana. The scholarship is the result of a statewide Lilly Endowment initiative to help Hoosier students reach higher levels of education. Indiana ranks among the lowest states in percentage of residents over the age of 25 with a bachelor’s degree. Visit www.icindiana.org for more information about Independent Colleges of Indiana.
Past Greene County Lilly Scholar Winners:
- 1998 — Brad Crites, Eastern Greene.
- 1999 — Clint Kaho, White River Valley and Rachel Steward, White River Valley.
- 2000 — Sarah Flinn, Bloomfield and Rod Walker, Linton
- 2001 — Morgan May and Drew Landry of Shakamak and Emilee Preble of Linton-Stockton
- 2002 — Tyler Blakley, Bloomfield, Heather Lee Crowe, Eastern Greene and Nadine Kristin Keitel, White River Valley
- 2003 — Emily Hayes, Shakamak, Justin King, Eastern Greene and Sarah Church, Linton-Stockton
- 2004 — Brittany Parkes, Bloomfield, Christina Catt, White River Valley and Tiffany Rae Todd, Linton-Stockton
- 2005 — Brandt Zimmerly, White River Valley and Bessy Lyons, Eastern Greene
- 2006 — Chantal Fink, Bloomfield, and Lindsey Sipes, White River Valley
- 2007 — Laura Beth Correll, Linton-Stockton and Kevin Cross, White River Valley; Matthew J. Wall, who attended White River Valley High, but lived in rural Coal City, received a Lilly Scholarship from the Owen County Foundation
- 2008 — Andrew Brown, Bloomfield and Carly Johnson, White River Valley
- 2009 — John Alexander Cochrane, Bloomfield and Micajah Green, Shakamak
- 2010 — Derek Corn, Bloomfield and Grace Anne Hayes, White River Valley
- 2011 — Seth Herndon, Linton-Stockton
- 2012 — Jacie Anderson, Eastern Greene
- 2013 — Casey Reynolds, Shakamak
- 2014 — Alex Bartlow, Bloomfield
- 2015 — Lilly Southern, Eastern Greene
- 2016 — Emma Brewer, Linton-Stockton
- 2017 — Abby Denham, White River Valley
- 2018 — Jordyn Kieft, Eastern Greene